Senior Content Writer
Closing date: 30/09/2018
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the Senior Content Writer will be responsible for developing the content that is needed by the marketing and business development teams to maximize SEO to increase brand awareness, increase lead generation and ultimately to deliver sales to the business. They will work in close association with the other members of the marketing team to help to drive effective end-to-end marketing campaign strategies. They will work on their identified brands, though may at times be asked to assist with other brands.
The use of social media to drive traffic to the website is an essential component of this role.
The work is varied and multiple projects/campaigns/areas of focus will happen concurrently and therefore the ability to operate at this level is essential. Good work planning is a pre-requisite.
Liaison with the brand owners will be required to ensure the campaigns meet with their requirements, are accurate and deliver a return on investment.
The marketing team is small and therefore crossover of skills and tasks will be required with close working and co-ordination of output to ensure we maximise our opportunities.
- Develop the content strategy as well as work with internal and external resources to create and deploy that content with consideration of the purchase-decision cycle, across the relevant marketing channels.
- Input content onto the company websites using our internal CMS and ensure the websites are regularly reviewed, updated and redesigned and rewritten where necessary.
- Lead social media and blogging efforts for the identified brands including management of an ongoing social media calendar.
- Research/develop ideas and create/edit original content including but not limited to: website and blog content, news items, social media posts, articles, white papers, email campaigns, webinars, video scripts, multi-media content, info-graphics and more.
- Work with the SEO manager to ensure all activity is optimised and encompasses their recommendations.
- Co-ordinate live events such as webinars and Twitter-chats.
- Manage and fulfill external events and exhibitions.
- Collaborate with division heads and business development teams to ensure a steady flow of content creation that supports current and future marketing strategies for both prospect and client audiences.
- Ensure all content meets high-quality standards and corporate style while staying informed of current trending topics, new developments in technology and industry best practices.
- Ensure ongoing assessment, tracking and measurement of content and campaign effectiveness to report regularly.
- Develop and communicate content calendars.
- Effectively implement and manage email marketing.
- Identify and implement strategies to increase business leads.
- Continually test content formats and distribution channels to determine the optimal approach to reaching the QX group’s target markets.
- Review competitor marketing content to ensure the QX group’s differentiated positioning.
- Management of other marketing activities including campaign management, sales support literature, liaison with external suppliers, company newsletters, presentations, gifts, customer research, customer relationship management and web design.
- Operate within the agreed budget and corporate parameters.
- Work within the corporate branding guidelines.
- Strong command of the English language including punctuation, spelling and grammar.
- Proficient knowledge and experience of using social networks and web-based technology solutions for business purposes.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to analyse results.
- Well organized and able to prioritise, multi-task and work independently.
- Good working ability in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and social media sites.
- A strong teamwork ethic able to build and maintain internal and external working relations.
- A high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Previous B2B marketing experience with a company with a UK, US, Australian or European market.
- Knowledge and understanding of the UK market, traditions, habits.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines in a multi-brand environment.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Experience in using social media for business including calendar and posting management.
- Experience in copywriting across a broad spectrum of mediums including web and print.
- Experience of working with business development/sales teams.
- Use of a web CMS.
- Professional attitude.
- Experience of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Team player.
- Technical knowledge of either UK or US accountancy or knowledge of the UK contractor market.
- Brand and campaign management experience.
- Knowledge of customer relationship management.
- B2B & B2C marketing experience.
- Experience of marketing a service.
- Experience of print buying.
- Marketing qualification.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields are required
If your skills meet our requirements, we will pass your CV to our recruitment team
for them to action. The details you submit will only be used in conjunction with
this vacancy. By submitting your CV, you give us "express consent" to use your details
for this purpose.