Senior Graphic Designer
Closing date: 31/07/2019
Job Description: Senior Graphic Designer
The QX group comprises a multifaceted brand portfolio with diverse, though ultimately linked profiles. The requirements for each brand vary dependent upon the life cycle and business plan. The Graphic Designer will be required to have involvement across the entire portfolio and additionally work on incoming client projects.
Purpose of roles
To work with the Marketing team to:
- Create design solutions for each of the QX group brands which have high visual impact and successfully convey the essence of each brand.
- Carry the brand essence through design across both electronic and physical mediums such as print and exhibitions.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry software and design solutions to ensure we maintain a cutting edge presence.
To work with the Software Services team to:
- Liaise with the internal development teams and external clients to understand their needs to then deliver design solutions to meet their needs.
- To deliver design for clients with a professional approach to time and cost to ensure we provide value for money.
- Ultimately to assist the work of the marketing and Software Services teams to drive revenue growth and business profitability.
Reporting to: Head of Marketing
Working with: The Marketing team, Business Development teams, Division and company heads and associated personnel, Software Services team, External suppliers
QX Ltd overview
QX Ltd consists of a number of subsidiary or associated brands and the role will be involved to a greater or less extent with all of them.
- Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the Senior Graphic Designer will work closely with the marketing team and software team to deliver the design solutions needed by the marketing and business development teams to increase brand awareness, increase lead generation and ultimately to deliver sales to the business. They will work in close association with the other members of the Marketing team to help to drive effective end-to-end marketing campaign strategies.
- The work is varied and multiple projects/campaigns/areas of focus will happen concurrently and therefore the ability to operate at this level is essential. Good work planning is a pre-requisite.
- Liaison with the brand owners in association with the marketing team will be required to ensure the campaigns meet with their requirements, are accurate and deliver a return on investment.
- Due to the nature of our business design work will be required for a variety of services, products and activities such as for responsive websites, apps, e-shots and landing pages, advertising, white papers, posters, newsletters, exhibitions and displays, corporate communications and corporate identity guidelines. We also require user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) input for our internally developed software solutions. The designer should be able to deliver traditional design solutions for tangible materials as well as online design.
- Interprets the business needs and develops concepts to suit their purpose.
- Estimating the time required to complete the work and providing quotes for external clients.
- Develops design briefs by gathering information and data through research;
- Presents rough and then after approval, finalised ideas and concepts internally or to external clients;
- Works with a wide range of media to fulfil design requirements;
- Contributes ideas and design artwork to the overall brief;
- Works on layouts and artworking pages ready for print or other production method;
- Keeps abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly design programs such as InDesign, QuarkXPress, FreeHand, Illustrator, Photoshop, 3ds Max, Acrobat, Director, Dreamweaver and Flash;
- Works as part of a team to deliver design excellence.
- Undertake day-to-day management of the junior graphic design staff including.
- Delegation of identified duties
- Assessing performance, identification of training etc.
- Setting work targets and assessing achievements
- Ensuring they perform to their maximum potential and intervene as required.
- Previous professional experience as a graphic designer in an ad agency, large company or similar environment, preferably for a western audience.
- A portfolio demonstrating a solid understanding of web and more traditional design best practices and an ability to craft unique user experiences.
- Strong graphic, typography and web design skills.
- Ability to prototype/wireframe.
- Experience in utilizing new technologies to create better results (such as web fonts, HTML5, CSS3) and content management systems (like DNN).
- At home in Adobe Creative Suite (CS4-CS5.5) Photoshop, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Illustrator (InDesign and Flash a plus).
- Ability to manage multiple projects and independently prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work as part of a team with printers, web developers, sales and account executives, and marketing specialists.
- Working on 3D designs for packaging, exhibitions and displays.
- Ability to effectively manage and motivate personnel.
Personal qualities Essential
- 5+ years general design experience within either a design studio or internal design department Art or Graphic Design degree
- Design for a UK, US, American, Australian or Canadian audience Web design using CMS
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experience of design for UI/UX
- Ability to work on a number of tasks consecutively
- Ability to work within time constraints and budgets
- Ability to deal positively with work rejection
- Team player
- Design for both B2B and B2C market experience
- Experience of design for service marketing
- Experience of design for web, electronic communication, print, exhibitions and events, gifts and other mediums
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields are required
If your skills meet our requirements, we will pass your CV to our recruitment team
for them to action. The details you submit will only be used in conjunction with
this vacancy. By submitting your CV, you give us "express consent" to use your details
for this purpose.